Sunday, October 4, 2009

Book Review - The Shark and the Goldfish by Jon Gordon

The Shark and the Goldfish: Positive Ways to Thrive During Waves of Change

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jon Gordon continues to deliver great guides to leading a life through unique stories that make his books a true pleasure to read.  I think that his work on the The Shark and the Goldfish is simply amazing.  Jon really condenses so many tested approaches to maintaining a positive attitude, event in difficult time, in such a short, quick read.

I really appreciate that Jon addresses "Abundance Theory".  All the politicians and news media try to drive just the opposite into our heads every day.  Jon also addresses the fact that there is "No Substitute for Hard Work", which I think that so many people have forgotten prior to the financial crisis last fall.  That is what really got us into this mess was people trying to take shortcuts to riches.

My biggest take away from this book is to "Be Humble and Be Hungry."

Get a copy of this in your hands, I promise that you will devour it and be motivated to maintain a positive attitude on life.

View all my reviews

No comments: